Back to Bulletin
- Takaisin lehteen
The 1st Conference of Goose and Swan Study Group of Eastern
Europe and North Asia (RGG)
Itä-Euroopan ja Aasian hanhikonferenssi Moskovassa 25. -
The 1st Conference of Goose and Swan Study Group of Eastern Europe
and North Asia (RGG) ´Studying and conservation of Anseriforms
of Eastern Europe and North Asia' was held at the Biological Faculty
of the Moscow State University, Moscow, on January 25-27, 2001.
The Goose and Swan Study Group of Eastern Europe and North Asia
followed the traditions of the meetings devoted to the studies of
waterfowl initiated by Prof. Yu. A. Isakov and held in the 1960 -
1970s. The conference will contributed to consolidation of the
scientists, conservationists, hunters and birdwatchers.
The main language of the conference was Russian. Some talks were
in English. A total of about 130-140 participants participated in the
conference. Abstracts were published by the beginning of the
meeting. Proceedings will be published in "Casarca", the journal of
the Goose and Swan Study Group of Eatern Europe and North Asia.
Preliminary Scientific Programme (According to 2:nd
- 1. General Items
- E.E. Syroechkovski, Sr. (Moscow, Russia). Current state and
prospects of the waterfowl studies in Russia.
- N.D. Poyarkov, A. B. Popovkina (Moscow, Russia). Hystory of
phylogenetic studies of the Anseriform order: a review.
- V.V. Ivanitskiy (Moscow, Russia). Diversity of systems of
social organization in Anseriforms
- I.V. Fefelov (Irkutsk, Russia). Preliminary data on the
phylopatry of the female ducks in the Selenga River delta,
- N.N. Gerasimov, Yu.N. Gerasimov (Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy,
Russia). Programme of reintroduction of the Aleutian Canada
Geese in the Russian Far East.
- 2. Paleontology and Morphology
- F.Ya. Dzerzhinskiy (Moscow, Russia). Morphological
peculiarities of Anseriforms and their position in the Aves.
- E.N. Kurochkin (Moscow, Russia). Fossil Anseriforms from
the Neogene of Asia.
- A.A. Karkhu (Moscow, Russia). Anseriforms harvested by
Meso- and Neolitic population of the central parts of the
- A.B. Savinetskiy (Moscow, Russia).Waterfowl in the diet of
the ancient people.
- 3. Ecology and Adaptation
- A.V. Kondratiev (St.-Petersburg, Russia). Historical and
current views on the problem of the Anseriform feeding.
- E.V. Syroechkovskiy (Moscow, Russia). Adaptations of
Anseriforms to the Arctic
- K.E. Litvin (Moscow, Russia). Nesting biology of geese on
the Vaigach Island.
- E.N. Gurtovaya (Moscow, Russia). Nesting behaviour of the
- K.V. Avilova (Moscow, Russia) Evolution of receptor systems
of the Anseriform beak.
- 4. Distribution and Population Trends
- E.E. Syroechkovski, Jr. (Moscow, Russia). Zoogeography and
population trends in the Arctic geese.
- S.N. Erokhov (Almaty, Kazakhstan). Current status of swans
- A.G. Degtyariev (Yakutsk, Sakha Republic). Current status
of the Tundra Swan in Yakutia.
- V.N. Bocharnikov, Yu.N. Gluschenko, K.N. Mrikot
(Vladivostok, Russia). Census results and methodical basis for
the monitoring of Anseriforms on the Khanka Lake lowland in the
late 20th century.
- Yu.N. Gerasimov, N.N. Gerasimov, M. Kurechi, T. Ikeuchi
(Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, Russia; Miyagi, Japan). Current
international programmes for goose studies in Kamchatka.
- V.I. Pozdniakov (Lena-Nordensheld, Sakha Republic). Black
Brant in the Lena delta.
- A.I. Koshelev (Melitopol, Ukraine). Causes of degradation
of the local nesting watefowl populations in the south of
- 5. Migrations and Wintering
- S.P. Kharitonov (Moscow, Russia). Bird marking in the
studies of waterfowl migrations and population characteristics.
- S.N. Barinov (Ivanovo, Russia). Migration of Anseriforms
over the territory of the Ivanovo Oblast.
- E.A. Mongin (Minsk, Republic of Belarus). Spring migration
of Anseriforms along the Pripiatí river valley.
- Yu.I. Melnikov (Irkutsk, Russia). Numbers, distribution and
migrations of the Bean Geese in East Siberia.
- D.I. Tirskiy (Olekminsk, Sakha Republic). Spring migration
of Anseriforms in the middle reaches of the Olekma River.
- 6. Conservation and Sustainable Management of the
Populations and Habitats
- O.A. Anisimova (Moscow, Russia). Russian and International
programmes for waterfowl and wetland conservation
- V.V. Morozov, E.E. Syroechkovski, Jr. (Moscow, Russia).
Problems of conservation of the Lesser White-fronted Geese in
their nesting habitats.
- N.D. Poyarkov (Moscow, Russia). Problems of conservation of
the Swan Geese in Russia.
- G.V. Grishanov (Kaliningrad, Russia). Problems of
conservation of rare nesting Anseriforms in the Kaliningrad
- V.A. Lobkov (Odessa, Ukraine). About restoration of the
Red-breasted Goose population.
- N.N. Berezovikov (Almaty, Kazakhstan). Current status of
the Ruddy Duck population in Kazakhstan.
- Lesser White-fronted Goose: current status and
international research and conservation programmes (Conveners:
V.V. Morozov, E. Kellomaki)
- Current status of populations of the rare and threatened
- (Conveners: A.L.ÝMischenko, S.A. Bukreev)
- Population dynamics of swans (Convener: Yu.M.Stchadilov)
- Taxonomic relations in the group of the Bean Geese and
their population structures (Convener: K.E. Litvin)
- Dynamics of the numbers and range of the Ruddy Shelduck in
the 20th century (Convener: A.B. Popovkina)
- E.E. Syroechkovki, Sr. (Institute for Problems of Ecology
and Evolution, Moscow) ñ Chairman
- N.D. Poyarkov (M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University)
ñ Executive Secretary
- A.B. Popovkina (M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University)
ñ Scientific Secretary
- O.Yu. Anisimova (Wetlands International Russian Programme
- Yu.Yu. Blokhin (Central Research Laboratory of Game
Department of the Russian Federation)
- S.A. Bukreev (Russian Bird Conservation Union)
- A.V. Kondratiev (St.-Petersburg State University)
- K.E. Litvin (Moscow Bird Ringing Centre)
- A.A. Mischenko (All-Russia Institute for Nature Protection,
- V.V. Morozov (All-Russia Institute for Nature Protection,
- S.V. Pyzhianov (Irkutsk State Pedagogical University)
- E.E. Syroechkovskiy, Jr. (Institute for Problems of Ecology
and Evolution, Moscow)
- Yu.M. Stchadilov (All-Russia Institute for Nature
- A.A. Ulitin (Russian Association of Hunters and
- V.Yu.Ilyashenko ñ Ministry of Nature Resources of
- Contact address:
- e-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
< email@example.com> updated 2.2.2002