Doctoral student, Inverse problems
Department of mathematics and statistics
University of Jyväskylä
Research interests: Geometric inverse problems in non-smooth geometries, particularly geometric inverse problems arising from seismology.
During the spring 2023 I'm organizing a seminar series aimed at masters and graduate students at University of Jyväskylä. The details are available on here.
Publications and Preprints
- Convergence in the space of compact labeled metric spaces, Reijo Jaakkola, Antti Kykkänen. Preprint: arXiv:2210.00535. Oct 2022
- Pestov identities and X-ray tomography on manifolds of low regularity, Joonas Ilmavirta, Antti Kykkänen. Preprint: arXiv:2112.05523. Dec 2021
Talks and Conferences
- Labeled Gromov-Hausdorff distance Seminar for young researchers, 21.9., Jyväskylä
- Pestov identities and X-ray tomography on non-smooth Riemannian manifolds Poster: Inverse Problems in Analysis and Geometry, 2.8.2022, Helsinki
- X-ray tomography in smooth and rough geometries Inverse Problems Seminar, 2.6.2022, Jyväskylä
- Pestov identities and X-ray tomography on manifolds with non-smooth Riemannian metrics Inverse Days, 15.12.2021, Tampere
- Geometriset inversio-ongelmat Integraatiofest, 13.11.2021, Helsinki
Academic Work Experience
- Jan 2022 - : PhD student, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Jyväskylä
- Apr 2021 - May 2022: Non-Military Service, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Helsinki
- Sep 2020 - Mar 2021: Project Researcher, Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences, Tampere University
- Jan 2017 - Aug 2020: Consists of multiple part-time periods: Research Assistant, Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences, Tampere University
Teaching and Similar
- Organizer: Seminar for graduate and undergraduate students at the University of Jyväskylä, Sep 2022 - : Website for Spring 2023
- Substitute Teacher: Multivariable Integral Calculus, Tampere University, 2020.
- Organizer: Workshops for Mathematics students, Tampere University 2017 - 2020: Assisting students with their course work.
- Teacher's Assistant: Numerous undergraduate and masters level courses at Tampere University, 2017 - 2021: Various topics including mathematical analysis, topology, linear algebra and probability.
- 2022: Funding for doctoral studies awarded by the Finnish academy of sciences and letters (26000€).
- Master's thesis, 2020:
Äärellisesti määrättyjen modulien homologista algebraa (Finnish).
Title in English: Homological algebra of finitely determined modules.